As war looms on the horizon, the mighty Archadian Empire begins a campaign to subjugate its neighbors. The small kingdom of Dalmasca shares their fate, and it is here that our tale begins.
Two years after the fall of Dalmasca, the citizens are without guidance and direction. In the capital city of Rabanastre, the denizens gather and await the introduction of Archadia's new consul. To Vaan, a young man living on the streets of Rabanastre, the Empire is a hated enemy who took the life of his brother, the only family he had left. In an effort to exact revenge, Vaan hatches a plot to break into the palace and steal from the occupying imperials. There, he gets more than he bargained for as he runs into Princess Ashe, the sole surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne. Together, the two will embark on an incredible journey through Ivalice, tracing the mysteries behind the Archadian Empire's invasion. The choices they make will determine the very fate of the world.
- Completely new voiced cut-scenes added for the North American release
- Gorgeous CG cinematics and cut-scenes in Dolby® Pro Logic II combined with real-time graphics rivaling those of next-gen titles
- Shocking plot twists take players on an unforgettable journey
- Active Dimension Battle (ADB) system, enables players to move seamlessly between exploration and combat
- Highly customizable Gambit system allows complete control over character AI during battles
- License board gives the player the ability to customize each character's skills and abilities